- Implement a patient registry for MSUD patients and increase enrollment in the patient registry to the majority of the family support group membership.
- Promote use of the patient registry to MSUD researchers.
- Facilitate new MSUD research projects.
For the past decade, Mr. Herb Foster and a few others have raised substantial donations providing some “seed money” to get this effort started. To sustain momentum and fund the registry and new research projects, we will need to take on the responsibility to raise additional funding. Later this year the board will initiate a number of fundraising activities to support the research objectives, which may include:
- An annual fundraising appeal explaining current MSUD research, recent accomplishments, and a request for donations to continue the work.
- One or more on-line or silent auctions of donations such as sports memorabilia, art, services, vacation packages, etc.
- Other activities, such as “bowl-a-thons, walk-athons and other kinds of “thons”, golf tournaments, and participation in other fund-raising activities championed by MSUD families across the country.
To support these goals, we need as many of our members as possible to participate in these efforts! Over the next several weeks, we will be reaching out to you to communicate how you can volunteer and help to achieve these accomplishments. Expect to receive a call for volunteers in the near future!